Jinfo Reviews Euromonitor Competitor Analytics - a Unique Tool for FMCG Data
Tuesday, 29th March 2016
Our product review of Competitor Analytics highlights how this unique tool draws on the data in Euromonitor's Passport to analyse interrelated FMCG industry data across 80 countries.
For anyone working on mergers and acquisitions, in-depth information is key. Whether it's large companies looking at purchasing opportunities or auditors performing due diligence, data can make or break a deal.
In the field of Fast Moving Consumer Goods, there's a tailormade tool for the task in the form of Competitor Analytics from Euromonitor International. The tool is the subject of the latest Product Review for Jinfo by business researcher Sophie Alexander.
Launched two years ago, Competitor Analytics is an add-on for Euromonitor's Passport database, which Sophie reviewed for Jinfo in 2013. Taking its data from Passport, Competitor Analytics covers 25,000 companies in 17 industries, which include hot drinks, packaged food, pet care, and consumer electronics.
For some categories there's data from as many as 80 countries, writes Sophie. "The quality and quantity of information available in Competitor Analytics is impressive and unique, as I am unaware of any other product that offers this type of interrelated industry data."
Whereas Passport already provides in-depth analysis, Competitor Analytics excels in providing cross-industry perspective. "Such perspective is especially important for larger multinationals that are present in many country/category combinations and playing across several different FMCG industries," explains Sophie.
She adds, "One of Competitor Analytics' unique selling points is that it systematises company sales across thousands of country-category combinations to produce an elegant overview of a company's competitive landscape in one visual. This allows organisations to assess competitive landscape in a transparent fashion, and understand where and why competitive pressures are increasing or decreasing."
Competitor Analytics is especially strong when it comes to visualising the data. So-called "overlap matrices" show you how a company compares to its competitors, writes Sophie. "The small overlapping boxes in the top right represent each company's size and how strategically important market overlap is for each."
What's more, powerful filters enable you to discern the cause of a company's performance. "You can filter by growth and decline to see which countries or categories have been responsible for the company's growth," she adds.
Find Out More
There's plenty more to come from Competitor Analytics.
For the full review, including more details on product developments such as more niche product categories and a boost to the number of companies covered, read the full Product Review of Euromonitor Competitor Analytics.
- Blog post title: Jinfo Reviews Euromonitor Competitor Analytics - a Unique Tool for FMCG Data
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Q&A with Euromonitor - Your Passport to Business Intelligence
Wednesday, 7th October 2015
- Who Competes with IBISWorld?
Monday, 21st March 2016
- Meet Research Monitor from Euromonitor - Passport's Little Brother
Thursday, 4th February 2016
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: