Who Competes with IBISWorld?
Monday, 21st March 2016
We reply to a query from a customer looking for information on IBISWorld and competitors who supply industry research reports.
We recently received a query from a customer looking for information on IBISWorld and its competitors.
IBISWorld provides business and industry information and is particularly well-known for its industry research reports. It offers a wealth of data on the UK and a US markets from two separate websites and also offers reports on Australian, Chinese and global industries.
- We recently published a Market Landscape - Providers of SWOT Reports. Whilst the report focuses on providers of SWOT reports, IBISWorld is also covered, as a provider of analysis for PESTEL for macro-economic or country situations (political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal factors) and Michael Porter's Five Forces analysis for micro-economic or industry-level analysis (bargaining power of suppliers, buyer power, competitive rivalry, threat of substitution, threat of new market entrants).
- This report: Market Landscape - Consumer Research Sources from January 2016 will be of interest. It covers 11 of the most-used subscription sources for consumer reports: Advantage from MarketLine, BMI Research, Canadean Consumer (rebranded from Datamonitor Consumer), EBSCO Business Source Corporate Plus, Euromonitor Passport, Global Data Report Store, Key Note, Mintel, Nielsen, Profound, and Research Monitor from Euromonitor.
- We have reviewed these competitors:
Key Note, reviewed in January 2016
Research Monitor, reviewed in January 2016
First Research, reviewed in December 2015
- Other product reviews upcoming in this area include:
A new product review of Avention/OneSource. We last reviewed it in 2014: Product Review of Avention
- Other competitors are mentioned in Jan Knight's blog: My Favourite Tipples from an Independent Information Professional.
If you have a query feel free to contact us.
- Key Note - Authoritative Company Coverage & Financials
Tuesday, 2nd February 2016
"My stakeholders finally understand what we do" – Senior Information Manager, manufacturing industry
Work on information strategy in 2022 with Jinfo if you want to:
- Measure, communicate and improve the ROI of information
- Consistently dedicate time to strategy, despite competing demands
- Build on methods tested and proven in other organisations.
For more on how your organisation benefits and how to get started, check out our "Spotlight on strategy".
- There's no information strategy without stakeholder engagement
Wednesday, 1st December 2021
- Measure the impact of information with Value Chain analysis
Monday, 22nd November 2021
- You know more than you think you do
Tuesday, 16th November 2021
- Stakeholder engagement strategy – tips and tools (Community) Tuesday, 22nd February 2022
- Overcoming the barriers to progress on information strategy (Community) Tuesday, 11th January 2022
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021