Who Competes with IBISWorld?
Monday, 21st March 2016
We reply to a query from a customer looking for information on IBISWorld and competitors who supply industry research reports.
We recently received a query from a customer looking for information on IBISWorld and its competitors.
IBISWorld provides business and industry information and is particularly well-known for its industry research reports. It offers a wealth of data on the UK and a US markets from two separate websites and also offers reports on Australian, Chinese and global industries.
- We recently published a Market Landscape - Providers of SWOT Reports. Whilst the report focuses on providers of SWOT reports, IBISWorld is also covered, as a provider of analysis for PESTEL for macro-economic or country situations (political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal factors) and Michael Porter's Five Forces analysis for micro-economic or industry-level analysis (bargaining power of suppliers, buyer power, competitive rivalry, threat of substitution, threat of new market entrants).
- This report: Market Landscape - Consumer Research Sources from January 2016 will be of interest. It covers 11 of the most-used subscription sources for consumer reports: Advantage from MarketLine, BMI Research, Canadean Consumer (rebranded from Datamonitor Consumer), EBSCO Business Source Corporate Plus, Euromonitor Passport, Global Data Report Store, Key Note, Mintel, Nielsen, Profound, and Research Monitor from Euromonitor.
- We have reviewed these competitors:
Key Note, reviewed in January 2016
Research Monitor, reviewed in January 2016
First Research, reviewed in December 2015
- Other product reviews upcoming in this area include:
A new product review of Avention/OneSource. We last reviewed it in 2014: Product Review of Avention
- Other competitors are mentioned in Jan Knight's blog: My Favourite Tipples from an Independent Information Professional.
If you have a query feel free to contact us.
- Blog post title: Who Competes with IBISWorld?
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Key Note - Authoritative Company Coverage & Financials
Tuesday, 2nd February 2016
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: