Research update - is your department strategic or sidelined?
Thursday, 27th July 2017
Use our unique benchmarking research to move your information department from sidelined to strategic.
In July I learned about another corporate information centre that is closing down. And met with three others in the same industry that are adding staff, capabilities and projects.
What makes the difference between the teams that position themselves strategically and those that get sidelined? The variables we identified and explored in Jinfo's current Research Focus, "Benchmark information roles - optimise your structure" provide a number of ways to examine your own environment and how you can become more valued through looking at:
- Where you report (and why it matters)
- How core information services and expertise are managed within your department as well as in other parts of the business
- The measures by which you determine and report on success
- Your inspiration and processes for creating an innovation mindset.
Benchmarking information services is never as easy as calculating FTEs against revenue or overall headcount. Our unique approach on this project enables you to decide which operational models are most like yours for benchmarking purposes. Then, from that decision, you can drill down into the factors that make up success for those models.
If you haven't yet done so, request your free copy of our "Insights & Actions" report now. In addition to a thematic index to all resources produced in the Research Focus, including links to our models, the report includes the full text of our top three insights from the research:
- The right model can be a lot of things
- You can future-proof your information service
- Start from strategy, then develop services.
You can't control everything in your environment; you can't predict which disruptions may affect your business in 18 months. But with our benchmarking research and our analysis of what the most successful information teams do, you can position yourself to be among those that are growing and thriving rather than those that are being absorbed into other parts of the business.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - is your department strategic or sidelined?
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - don't miss our unique benchmarking research
Friday, 7th July 2017
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: