Research update - Information teams measuring impact
Thursday, 22nd August 2019
Highlighting the value your information team brings to stakeholders is vital. Find out how our analysis from our documenting the value chain report can help you make better decisions.
I don't say this lightly:
Our report "Documenting the value chain" might be one of the most important research results we've produced since I joined Jinfo.
The frameworks in the report help you show stakeholders the measurable impact you and your team have on:
- Generating revenue
- Creating efficiency
- Fostering innovation
- Managing risk
- Cultivating transparency
- Making smart decisions quickly.
Your Jinfo Subscription gets you full access to our analysis on documenting the value chain, including examples and guidance to adapt these concepts to your own environment.
These frameworks relate to our current Research Focus, "Benchmark information services - progressing towards transformation".
Register your interest here and you'll receive three unique insights from the Research Focus, direct to your inbox.
Here's a taster of September's: "As an industry, we are moving (finally) towards measuring impact, not counting transactions."
And if you want more hands-on help, contact Claire Laybats about bringing in Jinfo Consulting to develop your own value chain documentation, and tailor your measurements to what "value" means in your organisation.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - Information teams measuring impact
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - Benchmarking-based insights - what makes a good peer group?
Thursday, 8th August 2019
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: