Research update - Information teams measuring impact
Thursday, 22nd August 2019
Highlighting the value your information team brings to stakeholders is vital. Find out how our analysis from our documenting the value chain report can help you make better decisions.
I don't say this lightly:
Our report "Documenting the value chain" might be one of the most important research results we've produced since I joined Jinfo.
The frameworks in the report help you show stakeholders the measurable impact you and your team have on:
- Generating revenue
- Creating efficiency
- Fostering innovation
- Managing risk
- Cultivating transparency
- Making smart decisions quickly.
Your Jinfo Subscription gets you full access to our analysis on documenting the value chain, including examples and guidance to adapt these concepts to your own environment.
These frameworks relate to our current Research Focus, "Benchmark information services - progressing towards transformation".
Register your interest here and you'll receive three unique insights from the Research Focus, direct to your inbox.
Here's a taster of September's: "As an industry, we are moving (finally) towards measuring impact, not counting transactions."
And if you want more hands-on help, contact Claire Laybats about bringing in Jinfo Consulting to develop your own value chain documentation, and tailor your measurements to what "value" means in your organisation.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - Information teams measuring impact
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - Benchmarking-based insights - what makes a good peer group?
Thursday, 8th August 2019
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Research update - bridging the gap between buyers and suppliers
Thursday, 25th March 2021
- Research update - our Community is your community, especially if you license content
Thursday, 11th March 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: