2021 budgets, the future of information, and you
Wednesday, 11th November 2020
Budget planning for 2021 will already be a challenging enough process without navigating the impact of the pandemic on your organisation. Jinfo Consulting enables you to meet the demands of preparing a budget by using our expertise to help you link value to your organisation's strategy. Take the opportunity to effectively align your goals and build strategic foresight for success.
As 2020 draws to a close, you may be considering, like many of our clients, how to budget for success and achieve the best result for 2021.
The COVID-19 crisis has affected sectors in different ways and will continue to disrupt – but here's what we do know:
In-person options for events, training and team-building are likely to be limited, especially in the first half of 2021
The "new normal" for business looks very different to what it did a year ago… which means different needs for and pressures on information services, expertise, and budgets in your organisation
Your organisation needs – more than ever – access to information products, services and expertise, aligned with its goals and objectives.
A resilient budgeting process links into your organisation’s overall business strategy. How well poised are you to face this future, strategically and effectively?
Click the figure to view a larger version.
Jinfo can help
For every statement you answered with Y, Jinfo can help you with Content, Community, and Consulting designed to:
Connect information products, services and expertise with value to the business
Develop and implement holistic content portfolio management
Create and deliver expert services and end-user empowerment as an Information Centre of Excellence.
Want to work on your own? A Jinfo Subscription gives you access to all our Content and Community sessions to support your information service team's goals and objectives.
Prefer to have structure, perspective and accountability to ensure you hit your goals for the year? Consider Jinfo Consulting, where we work alongside you to solve challenges and strengthen your information service team as a valuable asset within your organisation.
Share your responses to these statements and questions with us to contribute to your financial planning.
Talk with us about your 2021 budgeting process and what looks different for you – operationally, financially, strategically – in the unique future we're all facing. By investing now, you can build a resilient budget to navigate the coming months - contact us today.
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - one process, three new tangible benefits
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
- Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
- Research update - what do you want to be known for?
Thursday, 17th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics) (Webinar) Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: