Engaging Stakeholders in Dialogue about Value: The Art of Persuasion
27th September 2013
Robin Neidorf introduces "The Art of Persuasion", a four-step process towards building consensus, and explains how it can be applied to projects seeking to identify and measure the return on investment of content purchases. It can be used to gain agreement on the "problem" (e.g. we don't have a method for determining the value which information products bring to the business), which actions should be taken, the solution and the effect of the solution. This process is a valuable communication and management tool which could be applied to any negotiation, discussion or planning process.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: Engaging Stakeholders in Dialogue about Value: The Art of Persuasion
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- ROI Again - What's the Value of Properly Managed Information?
Wednesday, 21st August 2013
- Return on Information Investment - Breakthrough At Last?
Monday, 12th August 2013
- Five Themes in Understanding Value
Monday, 5th August 2013
- What You Already Know about Value
Friday, 26th July 2013
- Measuring the Intangible - Identifying ROI for GRC Tools
Wednesday, 25th September 2013
- Making the Case for Knowledge in Financial Services
Friday, 28th June 2013
- FreePint and BST America Explore the ABCs of ROI
Monday, 22nd April 2013
- FreePint and BST America Tackle the Key Issues for Information Professionals
Thursday, 28th March 2013
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021