Privacy - Ignorance is Bliss (for Info Pros)
19th May 2014
While the law on privacy may be complicated, the issue is straightforward: people are increasingly concerned to protect it. In the United States, a new White House survey shows how little people trust institutions to protect their data - but can their government offer the reassurance they need when it's one of the biggest offenders? In Europe, comprehensive data protection regulation is on the way - but a new survey shows that nearly half of British companies don't know anything about it. As global players like Facebook, Yahoo, Apple and Microsoft turn every which way to address the issue, and one woman's experiment to hide her pregnancy from the big data marketers proves just too difficult, there are opportunities for information professionals to keep track of it all.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: Privacy - Ignorance is Bliss (for Info Pros)
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Whose Identity Is It Anyway?
Wednesday, 14th May 2014
- Privacy - the Tentacles Stretch Ever Further
Friday, 11th April 2014
- Compliance Costs Keep Rising, But So Do the Opportunities
Tuesday, 25th March 2014
- Privacy - Comply If You Want to Stay in Business
Monday, 3rd February 2014
- Privacy vs Freedom - It's Going to Get Harder
Tuesday, 24th December 2013
- Stirring the Cookie Mix: Google and Data Protection
Friday, 22nd November 2013
- Cookies Headed for Waste Bin as Europe Gets Tougher on Privacy?
Thursday, 21st November 2013
- Is Our Private Data Due to Become More Open?
Monday, 7th October 2013
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021