Cookies Headed for Waste Bin as Europe Gets Tougher on Privacy?
21st November 2013
The testing by FICO of its new Proximity Location Service may be good for fighting fraud but also raises privacy implications. However, new findings by Forbes Insights indicate that customers are less worried by privacy than sellers imagine, but still highlight the serious consequences for businesses of privacy missteps. Meanwhile Britain’s Information Commissioner has warned companies such as Google and Microsoft that the more effective replacements for cookies on which they are reported to be working will not escape regulation. And as the European Parliament votes for a complete overhaul of data protection rules, there are signs in the wake of the American spying scandal that Germany may insist on new privacy standards as part of the current European Union and United States trade talks.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Cookies Headed for Waste Bin as Europe Gets Tougher on Privacy?
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Gartner Predictions for Sensitive Government Data
Thursday, 7th November 2013
- Is Our Private Data Due to Become More Open?
Monday, 7th October 2013
- Good Guy, Bad Guy - Privacy Spells Opportunity
Wednesday, 5th June 2013
- Privacy - it's Complicated
Thursday, 21st February 2013
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021