Product review of Factiva (purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
15th August 2019
By Andrew Lucas
In the final part of Jinfo's new product review of premium global news database Factiva, we take a look at its value, the help and training available, key future product development plans and pricing. We also examine the competitor landscape, which includes Nexis, Naviga's NewsEdge, and ISI Emerging Markets in the traditional business news and information market, along with Meltwater, Cision, D&B's Hoovers, Alacra, Manzama Insights, and InfoDesk in the media monitoring space.
Note: Full review (PDF) at /go/sub/report/3233
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Product review of Factiva (purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of Factiva (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 14th August 2019
- Product review of Factiva (sources - content & coverage)
Tuesday, 13th August 2019
- Product review of Factiva (key advantages, introduction and contact details)
Monday, 12th August 2019
- Q&A with Ozmosys - a mission to disrupt and simplify news aggregation
Thursday, 18th April 2019
- Mini review of Comintelli Intelligence2day - CI in the cloud
Thursday, 14th March 2019
- The impact of AI and data science on news
Friday, 14th December 2018
- Product review of Factiva
Monday, 12th August 2019
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021