Product review of Factiva
12th August 2019
Our new in-depth product review of Factiva, Dow Jones' premium news aggregation service, looks at how this news database and research platform has evolved since our last full review a couple of years ago.
- Introduces Dow Jones and Factiva and highlights the value the product offers
- Looks at the range of content available from the global news aggregation service, including new content added since the last Factiva review and some of the results of its annual content survey
- Examines functionality, particularly in relation to its search performance and interface. We also take a closer look at Dow Jones Intelligent Indexing, its API and wide range of uses
- Explores the various reports that are available to administrators as well as the help and training offered within the product
- Presents a general overview of product development and what changes can be expected in the near future
- It concludes with a look at pricing and provides a general overview of the competitor landscape, which includes Nexis, Naviga's NewsEdge, and ISI Emerging Markets in the traditional business news and information market, along with Meltwater, Cision, D&B's Hoovers, Alacra, Manzama Insights, and InfoDesk in the media monitoring space.
By Andrew Lucas
Update: A new review of this product is available here »
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of Factiva
- Pages: 23
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Q&A with Factiva's Brian Gelinas, head of product strategy
Thursday, 5th March 2020
- Use-cases for Dow Jones' Data, News & Analytics
Tuesday, 3rd March 2020
- Comparison of satisfaction: Factiva and Nexis
Tuesday, 24th September 2019
- Product review of Northern Light's SinglePoint (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Thursday, 12th September 2019
- Q&A with Inzyon - adopting an "insights-based approach"
Thursday, 12th September 2019
- Product review of Northern Light's SinglePoint (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts, APIs, administration)
Wednesday, 11th September 2019
- Product review of Northern Light's SinglePoint (sources - content & coverage)
Tuesday, 10th September 2019
- Product review of FT.com (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Thursday, 5th September 2019
- Product review of FT.com (sources - content & coverage)
Tuesday, 3rd September 2019
- Product review of FT.com (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Monday, 2nd September 2019
- Product review of Factiva (purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 15th August 2019
- Product review of Factiva (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 14th August 2019
- Product review of Factiva (sources - content & coverage)
Tuesday, 13th August 2019
- Product review of Factiva (key advantages, introduction and contact details)
Monday, 12th August 2019
- Q&A with Ozmosys - a mission to disrupt and simplify news aggregation
Thursday, 18th April 2019
- Mini review of Comintelli Intelligence2day - CI in the cloud
Thursday, 14th March 2019
- The impact of AI and data science on news
Friday, 14th December 2018
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021