Evaluating information products (introduction)
18th November 2020
In the introduction to a five-part series of articles, we look at the steps involved in laying the foundations for a successful evaluation process. This includes how to evaluate comparative products and sources, and factors impacting product evaluation. By way of example, we look at the value of following a set process and evaluating patent search products at Cargill.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Evaluating information products (introduction)
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Evaluating information products (step four - outcome and learning points)
Tuesday, 24th November 2020
- Evaluating information products (step three - testing the products)
Monday, 23rd November 2020
- Evaluating information products (step two - design)
Friday, 20th November 2020
- Evaluating information products (step one - scoping and laying the foundation)
Thursday, 19th November 2020
- How applying Centre of Excellence concepts can help product evaluation
Wednesday, 27th November 2019
Latest in this Focus: Scorecards. Use Jinfo's step-by-step methodology to craft scorecards to strengthen negotiations, communicate with stakeholders, compare value of products and manage your portfolio more strategically.
What's your priority?
Use our self-assessment worksheet to determine your pathway towards more strategic portfolio management:
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - solve three problems when you develop scorecards
Thursday, 6th May 2021
- Research update - start with scorecards - adapt and adopt, for far-reaching benefit
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step five - capture inputs)
Tuesday, 18th May 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step four - document scores)
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step three - design your scoring system)
Wednesday, 21st April 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - designing and documenting scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step two - select components) (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities) (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021