Product Review of Eikon
8th January 2016
Review of the new version of Thomson Reuters Eikon, with particular reference to functionality aimed at the buy-side of portfolio managers and analysts at investment management firms.
- Looks at search, alerting, exporting and personalisation features and highlights best features and examples of innovative uses of technology and approaches to news processing. Customer support is also covered.
- Gives an in-depth look at sources and describes how Eikon draws on respected third-party data as well as on the company's considerable editorial resources in various locations around the world for data, analysis and news coverage.
- Analyses Eikon against its main competitors Bloomberg and FactSet. Describes how Eikon has progressed since its launch in 2010 and some planned modifications to pricing approach.
Reviewed by Chris Porter.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product Review of Eikon
- Pages: 19
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product Review of Eikon (Competitors, Development & Pricing)
Thursday, 7th January 2016
- Product Review of Eikon (Technology - Search & User Interface; Outputs & Alerts; Administration & Help)
Wednesday, 6th January 2016
- Product Review of Eikon (Sources - Content & Coverage)
Tuesday, 5th January 2016
- Product Review of Eikon (Introduction; Value; Contact Details)
Monday, 4th January 2016
- Market landscape - private equity/venture capital resources
Wednesday, 14th March 2018
- Product review of AlphaSense
Tuesday, 13th March 2018
- Product review of S&P Capital IQ
Monday, 2nd October 2017
- Product review of EMIS Professional
Tuesday, 8th November 2016
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021