Market landscape - providers of SWOT reports
11th April 2017
This report covers 10 products offering SWOT reports:
- Advantage from MarketLine (SWOT, PESTEL, 5 Forces)
- Business Source Corporate Plus from EBSCO
- D&B Hoovers (formerly Avention OneSource)
- First Research from Dun & Bradstreet (industry profiles include facets such as the competitive landscape and business challenges)
- IBISWorld (PESTEL and 5 Forces-type reports only) - Jinfo review scheduled for publication in June 2017
- Key Note (SWOT and PESTEL)
- Mintel B2B reports
- Nexis from LexisNexis
- Research Monitor from Euromonitor
SWOT reports cover strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and can be an efficient way to gain a quick overview of a company and its operating conditions.
Some of the vendors also offer analysis models additional to SWOT, such as:
- PESTEL for macroeconomic or country situations (political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal)
- Michael Porter's Five Forces analysis for microeconomic or industry-level analysis (bargaining power of suppliers, buyer power, competitive rivalry, threat of substitution, threat of new market entrants).
Some of the products in our landscape focus on industry, country and consumer market research whilst others are more focused on company information, for example.
We provide a brief description of each source, a link to the homepage, geographic scope, information on content sources, key features and links to Jinfo coverage.
Produced by Sophie Alexander.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Market landscape - providers of SWOT reports
- Pages: 6
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk (competitors; development; pricing)
Friday, 9th August 2019
- Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Thursday, 8th August 2019
- Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk (sources - content & coverage)
Wednesday, 7th August 2019
- Mini review of AnythingResearch - US industry and market data
Friday, 17th May 2019
- Using research frameworks to solve strategic questions
Monday, 16th April 2018
- Product review of IBISWorld (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Tuesday, 13th June 2017
- Q&A with Euromonitor - Your Passport to Business Intelligence
Wednesday, 7th October 2015
- Competitive Intelligence: Analytical Tools - How to Do More Than Just SWOT!
Tuesday, 4th June 2013
- Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk - A Moody's Analytics Company
Tuesday, 6th August 2019
- Market landscape - agribusiness
Friday, 26th April 2019
- Market landscape - market research report providers
Wednesday, 31st January 2018
- Product review of IBISWorld
Monday, 12th June 2017
- Market landscape - consumer research sources
Wednesday, 12th April 2017
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Research update - bridging the gap between buyers and suppliers
Thursday, 25th March 2021
- Research update - our Community is your community, especially if you license content
Thursday, 11th March 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021