Jinfo research on UK legal purchasing preferences and needs 2020
4th December 2020
Now in its 10th year, Jinfo's research into purchasing trends and preferences in the UK legal market reflects the significant impact of M&A activities within the legal industry. This year's survey builds on the data accumulated over previous years whilst highlighting changes brought about by this year's significant shift in business activities and the pivot towards remote working.
- Introduces the findings
- Shines a light on the four main products used: LexisLibrary, LexisPSL, Westlaw UK and Practical Law
- Reflects the impact of M&A activities within the legal industry
- Focuses on user satisfaction with content, technology and features and overall value of each product
- Finds out what constitutes "value" for law firms
- Assesses user comfort, integration of a product into their workflows and vendor relationships
- Includes commentary on how products could be improved
- Looks at how core products are rated in terms of content, such as accuracy and breadth of content
- Looks at how core products are rated in terms of technology and features, such as navigation and productivity tools
- Focuses on the emerging needs of law libraries as they manage products and services
- Rates pricing
- Provides commentary from respondents in terms of products and features.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Jinfo research on UK legal purchasing preferences and needs 2020
- Pages: 23
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Legal purchasing in the UK - Comparing satisfaction of LexisPSL and Practical Law
Friday, 4th December 2020
- Legal purchasing in the UK - Comparing satisfaction of LexisLibrary and Westlaw UK
Wednesday, 2nd December 2020
- Legal purchasing in the UK - needs and trends
Monday, 30th November 2020
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"Jinfo's Pillars of Service and Known Fors activities feed our overall mission and vision. Everything we do has to align with these, and if it doesn't, we ask the question, 'Why are we doing this?' We can communicate more effectively what we do and move away from the transactional view. Let me stress... there is a huge return on this work. It allows us to chart our own destiny." Director of Information Services, pharmaceutical industry
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021