Jinfo research on UK legal purchasing preferences and needs 2020
4th December 2020
Now in its 10th year, Jinfo's research into purchasing trends and preferences in the UK legal market reflects the significant impact of M&A activities within the legal industry. This year's survey builds on the data accumulated over previous years whilst highlighting changes brought about by this year's significant shift in business activities and the pivot towards remote working.
- Introduces the findings
- Shines a light on the four main products used: LexisLibrary, LexisPSL, Westlaw UK and Practical Law
- Reflects the impact of M&A activities within the legal industry
- Focuses on user satisfaction with content, technology and features and overall value of each product
- Finds out what constitutes "value" for law firms
- Assesses user comfort, integration of a product into their workflows and vendor relationships
- Includes commentary on how products could be improved
- Looks at how core products are rated in terms of content, such as accuracy and breadth of content
- Looks at how core products are rated in terms of technology and features, such as navigation and productivity tools
- Focuses on the emerging needs of law libraries as they manage products and services
- Rates pricing
- Provides commentary from respondents in terms of products and features.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Jinfo research on UK legal purchasing preferences and needs 2020
- Pages: 23
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Legal purchasing in the UK - Comparing satisfaction of LexisPSL and Practical Law
Friday, 4th December 2020
- Legal purchasing in the UK - Comparing satisfaction of LexisLibrary and Westlaw UK
Wednesday, 2nd December 2020
- Legal purchasing in the UK - needs and trends
Monday, 30th November 2020
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021