Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
Evolving as an Information Centre of Excellence requires new thinking and strategy, not just more people to do the work. Jinfo’s clear step-by-step visioning and planning process helps you describe the future and identify the qualities, characteristics and skills required to get there.
We've noticed a trend in queries from Jinfo clients about their efforts to recruit new staff. Where questions once were primarily of the "Who do you know?" sort, lately we've been fielding more questions about "What should we be hiring for?".
A case in point is a long-term client who has (finally) secured provisional executive support to add headcount. The current team of two supports a customer base burgeoning through acquisitions.
They know that simply adding more hours to their department capacity is not the solution. Instead, they need to take this opportunity to think strategically about what the future of their service should look like, and then identify the qualities, characteristics and skills required.
Visit the Focus on Centre of Excellence for an overview of the process they will be using. Detailed guidance on each step is provided in an article and supporting recorded webinar.
This particular client will focus on these:
- Step one - map your services to the model will enable them to imagine what maximum value looks like for their organisation
- Step two - create your Pillars of Service will give them a framework for rethinking their services from their customers' perspective
- Step four - assess your team's characteristics will help them observe their strengths and weaknesses and consider how to grow the team strategically.
Many teams are already running these activities very effectively on their own.
But we're always here to help – and with our independent view and industry-wide experience, our analysts often highlight things that are hard to spot from the inside.
Consider Consulting on Centre of Excellence to strengthen and streamline your strategic planning.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: