Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
Have you started formulating strategy for 2022 yet? If you’re to shift stakeholder perception and develop action plans, that needs to happen this autumn. Jinfo’s Consulting on Value Chain provides the tools to be recognised as critical strategic partners.
When information teams that support R&D tell me they work with a content advisory board, I get excited. Those are the teams that are best positioned to be recognised as critical strategic partners in driving value in the business.
The reason for this is simple: Value Chain analysis of how information affects outcomes for digital R&D is measurable, clear to stakeholders and relatively easy to conduct.
Content advisory boards are the ideal platform through which information teams can apply Value Chain analysis to:
- Shift stakeholder perception – and discussion – of information from a cost to a strategic asset
- Develop action plans for portfolio management and service delivery that tie information to R&D outcomes in measurable ways
- Get in front of planning for future information needs, significant changes like acquisitions, and inevitable adjustments the business makes in response to changing conditions.
Through Consulting on Value Chain, we're kicking off projects with two Jinfo clients who have ambitions for more strategic conversations with their advisory boards in 2022. Both have their next board meetings scheduled for February 2022. They're priming for strategy by:
- Articulating the discussions their boards need to have in September 2022
- Simplifying their Value Chain analyses for easy, regular reinforcement with this key group of senior stakeholders
- Planning activities and identifying key performance indicators for evolving their advisory boards over the coming months.
Come February, they'll launch the year's advisory board activities with focus, confidence and a strategy they own and drive forward.
We'd love to talk to you about using Value Chain analysis to prime your content advisory board for strategy in 2022 – or whenever your next planning cycle starts. Contact me at email@example.com or enquire today.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: