Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
For many organisations settling into a post-pandemic operating environment, risk management is top of the agenda. Content licensing teams need to make the case for how information contributes to risk management. If you’re looking to influence these key internal discussions, Consulting on Content Portfolio could be the answer.
During the September Community session in our Focus on Content Portfolio, we polled attendees on the relevance in their organisations of the most common points of value: efficiency, innovation, generating revenue, risk management, transparency and smarter decisions.
We weren't expecting "risk management" to emerge as most relevant.
But on further reflection, this result should have been no surprise. As organisations settle into the post-pandemic operating environment, risk management dominates many discussions and decisions.
Consider all the perceived threats – cyber, environmental, supply chain, social, regulatory and operational – and the many information sources that could contribute to managing them.
As always, content licensing teams aspire to measure and strengthen the ROI of third-party information value. When the organisation is focused on risk management, this means analysing:
- The different processes in place to manage different types of risk
- Where and how external information contributes to the successes of those processes
- What core principles are consistent across different types of risk management.
By doing so, you seed a different type of internal conversation about risk management altogether. You are able to establish consistency for work that is often fragmented across a number of teams and departments, with little or no coordination for what information is needed or how it's used.
If you're ready to influence those internal conversations while developing metrics for the ROI of risk-related information, talk to us about Consulting on Content Portfolio. We can help you strengthen and communicate your content strategy, whilst advancing a critical corporate conversation.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: