Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
For many organisations settling into a post-pandemic operating environment, risk management is top of the agenda. Content licensing teams need to make the case for how information contributes to risk management. If you’re looking to influence these key internal discussions, Consulting on Content Portfolio could be the answer.
During the September Community session in our Focus on Content Portfolio, we polled attendees on the relevance in their organisations of the most common points of value: efficiency, innovation, generating revenue, risk management, transparency and smarter decisions.
We weren't expecting "risk management" to emerge as most relevant.
But on further reflection, this result should have been no surprise. As organisations settle into the post-pandemic operating environment, risk management dominates many discussions and decisions.
Consider all the perceived threats – cyber, environmental, supply chain, social, regulatory and operational – and the many information sources that could contribute to managing them.
As always, content licensing teams aspire to measure and strengthen the ROI of third-party information value. When the organisation is focused on risk management, this means analysing:
- The different processes in place to manage different types of risk
- Where and how external information contributes to the successes of those processes
- What core principles are consistent across different types of risk management.
By doing so, you seed a different type of internal conversation about risk management altogether. You are able to establish consistency for work that is often fragmented across a number of teams and departments, with little or no coordination for what information is needed or how it's used.
If you're ready to influence those internal conversations while developing metrics for the ROI of risk-related information, talk to us about Consulting on Content Portfolio. We can help you strengthen and communicate your content strategy, whilst advancing a critical corporate conversation.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
Holding vendors to account
Thursday, 15th December 2022
[New] The Jinfo Subscription is back by popular demand!
13th October 2022
"Are you in a "proactive state of resilience"?"
15th November 2022
With the year end looming, our clients are closing out their 2022 deliverables and turning their attention to 2023 and the challenge of a more uncertain operating environment.Read on the Blog
- 2022: the more things change, the more they stay the same
Tuesday, 29th November 2022
- Are you in a "proactive state of resilience"?
Tuesday, 15th November 2022
- Strategies for succeeding in the final quarter
Wednesday, 26th October 2022
- Let’s talk talent (Community) Tuesday, 10th January 2023
- Holding vendors to account (Community) Thursday, 15th December 2022
- Cost reduction strategies for content portfolios (Community) Tuesday, 22nd November 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step seven - ready, aim, fire) (Webinar) Tuesday, 28th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step six - making strategy operational) (Webinar) Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022