AI and analytics in pharma and life sciences
Wednesday, 3rd January 2018
We look at how are pharma and life science companies using machine learning, artificial intelligence and data analytics - and which are the vendors to watch.
Keeping up to date with new tools and vendors in the artificial intelligence (AI) and data analytics space can seem daunting; it's an ever-changing mix and it's hard to know which up-and-coming vendors are worth watching.
The pharmaceutical and life sciences industry is certainly one where these technologies can have a huge impact on R&D as well as on areas such as medical procedures and diagnosis. So we were keen to commission an article tackling this topic and looking at how some of the billions of pounds invested by pharmaceutical companies are now being devoted to projects involving AI.
Pharma in top sectors for AI use
Author Jeanette Eldridge has deep experience of research in the healthcare, pharmaceutical and life science sectors, supporting researchers in areas such as drug-hunting projects, patent and literature reviews, through experience at organisations including AstraZeneca and Knoll Pharmaceuticals.
In "New developments for pharma in AI and data analytics", she highlights why "machine-learning partnerships and analytics applications in the pharmaceutical industry, as well as in the wider healthcare and life sciences sectors, present one of the fastest-growing areas in artificial intelligence".
Plethora of partnerships
Jeanette explains that it's not just the newer entrants making an impact. Established "big data" tools such as IBM Watson are evolving and developing new uses in AI and pharma.
Then there are newer market entrants such as BenevolentAI where insights from data scientists are fed back into the system to improve accuracy in areas such as novel entity recognition.
Finally, pharmaceutical companies are creating projects using in-house skills or in collaboration with external entities such as cancer research centres.
Jinfo Subscribers can log in now to read the full article, "New developments for pharma in AI and data analytics".
- Blog post title: AI and analytics in pharma and life sciences
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- New developments for pharma in AI and data analytics
Tuesday, 19th December 2017
- Unique characteristics of information services in biopharma
Thursday, 7th September 2017
- Jinfo model - mapping technology readiness
Wednesday, 24th October 2018
- Market landscape - ebook sources and portals for biopharma and life sciences
Friday, 7th July 2017
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: