Insight 3 from Research Focus - leverage soft skills and learn use-cases
Friday, 2nd February 2018
In the third and final insight from the Research Focus, "Stake your claim in the success of data analytics", Jinfo's director of research, Robin Neidorf, examines why skills such as resilience and influencing power are as important as mastering the art of the use-case.
Your information team needs two key ingredients to guarantee its relevance and value in the world of data analytics:
- Expertise on use-cases
- Cultivation of the soft skills associated with influence and resilience.
The change we are undergoing in information work is as dramatic as the previous shift from print to digital. Staking your claim in the future requires holistic thinking, adaptability and creativity.
Learn more about the practical - yet ambitious - steps you need to take
Access the "Insights and Actions" report to find out how to navigate the changing landscape of information work and the traits and skills you need to ensure you're sought-after partners in data analytics projects.
One of the most common questions we at Jinfo hear from information managers about the world of analytics is this: "Where do we start?" The details of your plan will depend on your overall environment, but investing in expertise on use-cases and cultivating soft skills will guarantee you a place at the table.
Our number 1 action is to take to guarantee your relevance and actions in data analytics is to take the time to assess your structure and strengths. Learn about number 2 and 3 actions in the Insights and Actions report... as well as a thematic index to the articles, reports, webinars and Community sessions that make up this important project.
Get our "Insights and Actions" report for more detail:
- If you already have a Jinfo Subscription: Sign in to MyJinfo now to download your copy.
- If you don't yet have a Subscription: Request a free copy by registering your interest.
- Blog post title: Insight 3 from Research Focus - leverage soft skills and learn use-cases
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Insight 2 from Research Focus - size up the data licensing barrier
Friday, 26th January 2018
- Insight 1 from Research Focus - seize the future
Wednesday, 17th January 2018
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: