Insight 2 from Research Focus - size up the data licensing barrier
Friday, 26th January 2018
In the second insight from the Research Focus, "Stake your claim in the success of data analytics", Jinfo's director of research, Robin Neidorf, looks at why it's so essential to get on top of licensing data for analytics use.
Third-party licensing is one of the most painful barriers in progress with analytics, and it desperately requires the contributions and expertise of information professionals.
Until the broader industry - suppliers, buyers, project owners and stakeholders - addresses the uncertainties around licensing, confidence can only last as long as the next contract expiry date.
Get our "Insights and Actions" report for more detail:
- If you already have a Jinfo Subscription: Sign in to MyJinfo now to download your copy.
- If you don't yet have a Subscription: Request a free copy by registering your interest.
Three actions you must take around licensing
Access the "Insights and Actions" report to get our take on your central role in addressing the challenge of third-party licensing, and - more to the point - 3 things you can do about it, as well as a thematic index to the articles, reports, webinars and Community sessions that make up this important project.
If you've already been involved with licensing for analytics, no doubt you've experienced the frustrations first-hand. And if you haven't yet started, now is the time to get up to speed and cultivate your influence to move your organisation - and the industry - in a sustainable direction.
Our number 1 action is to find out how to leverage technology to get to grips with licensing. Learn about number 2 and 3 actions in the Insights and Actions report.
- Blog post title: Insight 2 from Research Focus - size up the data licensing barrier
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Insight 3 from Research Focus - leverage soft skills and learn use-cases
Friday, 2nd February 2018
- Insight 1 from Research Focus - seize the future
Wednesday, 17th January 2018
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: