ConTech 2018 - a new conference on AI, data science & tech
Tuesday, 4th September 2018
By Clive Snell
Clive Snell gives an insight into the speakers and key themes for ConTech 2018, a new event focusing on data science, AI and emerging technologies, taking place in London in November.
It's really exciting to be working on ConTech 2018, a new event for information and content people who want to understand how moving towards data-driven content will impact their businesses, operations and the content they create and deliver. It takes place in London, in November.
From a business perspective, the event is about understanding the opportunity and how to take the first steps towards a more data-driven business model and strategy. If you are a content practitioner, the event is about how to migrate towards data-driven publishing - whether that is in creating content, managing content or distributing content.
There is also another audience, which is those in the data science community who have begun to specialise in the content area, but I think what makes the event unique is that it focuses on data science and AI opportunities, tools and techniques through the lens of those working in content.
The conference programme is almost complete, with the final keynote session to be unveiled in the next few days. Delegates will hear from a range of experts focusing on the world of content and how it is being transformed through data science, AI and other emerging technologies, looking at where we are now and where the future is taking us.
The programme features an attractive line-up of thought-provoking speakers. To see who they are and what their sessions are about, please visit the website: www.contechlive.com. Speakers including Google, Twipe, Elsevier, UK Government Digital Services and Wiley will join us on the 29-30 November, at Chelsea Harbour Hotel, London.
We recently announced our data-driven product demos, which are now starting to take shape. These interactive sessions are an exceptional opportunity to look at the very latest products impacting on the world of content.
ConTech 2018 is the only conference focusing on how these changes affect content and, as such, the interest continues to run high with the global delegate list growing daily.
We have also just announced a significant collaboration with DataBeers. DataBeers is a global not-for-profit initiative (currently in 18 cities) that brings together data scientists and data enthusiasts from industry, government, academia and the arts to knowledge-share. DataBeers London has been going for three years, with quarterly events exceeding 300 people and hosted by Facebook, British Library, Dataiku, City University, Jones Knowles Ritchie, IBM, Zopa and Twitter.
The next DataBeers London event will be taking place from 6.30pm on 29th November, the closing event for day 1 of ConTech 2018. All delegates that attend ConTech 2018 will be invited to attend the DataBeers event.
Book your place
ConTech 2018's confirmed delegates so far include a wide range of content and information professionals from around the world: content heads, strategists and managers; CTOs, systems architects, data scientists and platform technologists; publishers, senior librarians, information and engagement specialists. Founders, business leaders, communications and marketing experts are also represented.
ConTech 2018 takes place from 29-30 November in London. www.contechlive.com
- Blog post title: ConTech 2018 - a new conference on AI, data science & tech
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- State of the industry - current awareness or intelligence platform?
Wednesday, 1st August 2018
- ConTech 2018 - transforming content through data science, AI and other emerging technologies
Friday, 25th May 2018
- AI and analytics in pharma and life sciences
Wednesday, 3rd January 2018
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: