Right tools for the job - Jinfo for optimising an information team
Monday, 9th December 2019
The right tools make the job easier, faster, even cheaper. Jinfo's latest research offers a sampler of tools designed to make your work easier, freeing you up for higher-value work - the fundamental goal of all optimisation efforts.
It's no secret that we at Jinfo are big believers in investing in the right tools to enable your team to operate efficiently. Too often, we see false economy in using manual data management and spreadsheets (always the spreadsheets!) to manage things that can be handled more simply with purpose-built tools.
Recent resources in Jinfo offer examples of these tools. We have a product review of ResearchMonitor, a handy tool that simplifies the process of managing user access to databases and information products, and also collects usage data in a consistent format so that you can do the analysis you need to.
Market landscapes explore two types of potentially time-saving technologies, which pique interest and also raise concerns for information professionals. Learn about web-scraping tools and auto-summarisation tools - these technologies have come a long way and deserve consideration, even whilst balancing questions about quality and use case. Our overview article explains both in more detail and suggests how you can get value without introducing undue risk.
Other emerging technologies with the potential to help you optimise your information team include chatbots and digital adoption platforms - check out this overview article.
The current Research Focus, "Intelligence systems - intelligence 2020" includes a number of product reviews and case studies aimed at helping you use technology to free up your team's time for analysis and other higher-value activities. Recent coverage includes Northern Light SinglePoint and Intelligence2day.
In the end, however, tools are only there to support the skill, expertise and value of your team. Get the most out of them with Jinfo's "Maturity model on remote teams", "Model - recipe capture and optimisation" and tips article on "Activating global teams".
If you're focused on optimising the work of your team in 2020, you are not alone - join the Community session, "Jinfo for optimising your information service" on 6th January 2020, to discuss approaches and compare challenges and successes with your peers. It's included with your Jinfo Subscription, so register today.
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: