Right tools for the job - Jinfo for optimising an information team
Monday, 9th December 2019
The right tools make the job easier, faster, even cheaper. Jinfo's latest research offers a sampler of tools designed to make your work easier, freeing you up for higher-value work - the fundamental goal of all optimisation efforts.
It's no secret that we at Jinfo are big believers in investing in the right tools to enable your team to operate efficiently. Too often, we see false economy in using manual data management and spreadsheets (always the spreadsheets!) to manage things that can be handled more simply with purpose-built tools.
Recent resources in Jinfo offer examples of these tools. We have a product review of ResearchMonitor, a handy tool that simplifies the process of managing user access to databases and information products, and also collects usage data in a consistent format so that you can do the analysis you need to.
Market landscapes explore two types of potentially time-saving technologies, which pique interest and also raise concerns for information professionals. Learn about web-scraping tools and auto-summarisation tools - these technologies have come a long way and deserve consideration, even whilst balancing questions about quality and use case. Our overview article explains both in more detail and suggests how you can get value without introducing undue risk.
Other emerging technologies with the potential to help you optimise your information team include chatbots and digital adoption platforms - check out this overview article.
The current Research Focus, "Intelligence systems - intelligence 2020" includes a number of product reviews and case studies aimed at helping you use technology to free up your team's time for analysis and other higher-value activities. Recent coverage includes Northern Light SinglePoint and Intelligence2day.
In the end, however, tools are only there to support the skill, expertise and value of your team. Get the most out of them with Jinfo's "Maturity model on remote teams", "Model - recipe capture and optimisation" and tips article on "Activating global teams".
If you're focused on optimising the work of your team in 2020, you are not alone - join the Community session, "Jinfo for optimising your information service" on 6th January 2020, to discuss approaches and compare challenges and successes with your peers. It's included with your Jinfo Subscription, so register today.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: