Insight 1 from Research Focus - every service, every licence, every day
Monday, 6th January 2020
The first insight from our Research Focus "The Information Centre of Excellence - commercial, consultative, collaborative" looks at how you can ensure that every service, license and process you handle needs to support your journey towards an Information Centre of Excellence.
- Setting information strategy
- Enabling end-users to get the information they need
- Delivering expert information services.
How these components are balanced will vary, based on your particular organisation's needs and culture.
What does not vary, however, is the way you need to plan, think and operate:
Every service, licence and process you handle needs to support your journey towards an Information Centre of Excellence.
That's the first insight of our Research Focus, "The Information Centre of Excellence - commercial, consultative, collaborative".
Nothing extraneous; nothing "we also do...". – and everything under your scrutiny to ensure it's actually delivering value and enabling progress towards your goals.
Here's what you can do:
Map your service against our model of an Information Centre of Excellence, using our Jinfo Model, so that you can better adapt and adopt ideas in this Research Focus to meet your specific needs.
If you're responsible for content licensing, you'll want to consider how the Centre of Excellence model might inform and improve your strategy for managing the portfolio. We have an article explaining how to review products and a report on creating a holistic view of the portfolio, through the lens of the Centre of Excellence model.
Consider what purpose-built tools for managing elements of your department's operations can do. If you're not spending time organising and managing data, you have time to analyse it against your strategy. Our reviews of HBR SpendConnect and RefTracker can give you ideas about what that looks like, even if they're not the exact tools you need.
Other Jinfo models will guide you to improved operations, sharpened strategy and gap analysis to close the gap between where you are today and where you want to be:
Work with Jinfo
Most teams find it difficult to analyse their own operations – we're all too close to the work we do. Get fresh perspective and knowledgeable guidance by bringing in Jinfo Consulting.
The newest available workshop, "Construct your roadmap to an Information Centre of Excellence", analyses your current operations and strategy, walks through several exercises to articulate YOUR interpretation of a Centre of Excellence, and then creates a roadmap to get you from here to there. Learn more and enquire.
- Blog post title: Insight 1 from Research Focus - every service, every licence, every day
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- How applying Centre of Excellence concepts can help product evaluation
Wednesday, 27th November 2019
- Insight 3 from Research Focus - Don't just dream it; DO it
Monday, 2nd March 2020
- Insight 2 from Research Focus - commercial awareness + consulting skills = impact
Tuesday, 4th February 2020
- Product review of HBR SpendConnect
Monday, 16th December 2019
- Product review of RefTracker
Thursday, 21st November 2019
- Maturity model on remote teams
Tuesday, 29th October 2019
- Jinfo model - managing your portfolio as part of your strategy
Thursday, 24th October 2019
- Jinfo model - mapping your service to the Centre of Excellence model
Monday, 14th October 2019
- Jinfo model - "pillars of service"
Monday, 7th October 2019
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Research update - bridging the gap between buyers and suppliers
Thursday, 25th March 2021
- Research update - our Community is your community, especially if you license content
Thursday, 11th March 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: