Research update - Closing the gap between strategy and action
Thursday, 5th March 2020
For professionals struggling with time, strategy and resistance to change, Jinfo's Research Focus "The Information Centre of Excellence - commercial, consultative, collaborative" is a must. This final insight of the focus offers various options to help professionals move forward with strategy and optimisation.
If you've ever...
Struggled to prioritise or make time for strategy
Made strategic plans, which were left mostly unactivated
Been confused by the resistance to 'process changes' that the whole team agreed upon...
...then you need to get the full test of this insight:
"It's the daily actions and continuous improvement that make your vision a reality."
This is the final insight of the Research Focus, "The Information Centre of Excellence - commercial, consultative, collaborative".
This insight speaks to Jinfo's recognition that strategy and optimisation are two sides of the same coin, and together they form the foundation of an Information Centre of Excellence.
If you want to act on this insight, Jinfo has options:
- Start with the Jinfo model - mapping your service to the Centre of Excellence model to determine where practical action can move you forward
- The Jinfo model - recipe capture and optimisation, included in a Jinfo Subscription, offers a self-paced learning option for exploring one of the fundamentals of optimisation
- Jinfo Consulting Workshop: "Do better with less: workflow optimisation" goes deeper, featuring one-on-one work with a Jinfo analyst to enable your team to master optimisation principles through practice and coaching
Or talk with us about your specific needs - we can design projects to help you close the gap between your vision and your day-to-day reality, whether for one area of your service or across all operations. Start the conversation today.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - Closing the gap between strategy and action
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - master the practical side of strategy
Thursday, 20th February 2020
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: