Research update - From DIY to hands-on assistance - Jinfo delivers impact
Thursday, 26th March 2020
If you're short on time, Jinfo has a wide range of useful resources available to help you define your vision, analyse the gaps between current reality and desired future state, and create the improvements that close those gaps.
Our purpose could be summed up as "Jinfo enables you to realise your own vision as an Information Centre of Excellence."
Use our resources to define your vision, analyse the gaps between current reality and desired future state, and create the improvements that close those gaps.
Short on time? Here's my list of shortcuts to help you get to that result:
- Alignment with the Information Centre of Excellence model: use this article to orient yourself within our model, and compare your real-world challenges and strengths with those of the seven information managers we interviewed. Time: 8 minutes to read.
- Jinfo model – "known fors": this report walks you (and your team) through discussion to define your "known fors" – the aspirational vocabulary you want others in your organisation to use when they describe you. One team we worked with added "Better than Google!" to their aspirational "known fors" – what will you aspire to? Time: 45 minutes in a team meeting.
- Commercial awareness as part of strategy: even if you missed this webinar, you can catch the recording by signing in on the description page. Learn from industry expert, Barbara Hirsh, on what this toughest-of-characteristics means for information teams and how to develop it. Time: 60 minutes to listen to recording.
- Construct your roadmap to an Information Centre of Excellence: this Jinfo Consulting workshop, tailored to your specific needs, brings our analyst into your department to walk you through and provide detailed feedback and guidance on crafting your unique roadmap. Time: 90 days, workshop delivery through three web-based sessions.
Articles, reports, webinars and Community sessions are all included with your Jinfo Subscription. Jinfo Consulting workshops are fee-based projects designed to be cost-effective and value-driven. Start the conversation, and we'll design the package that turns your vision of a Centre of Excellence into reality. Whether you prefer DIY or hands-on assistance, Jinfo gets you to the result you need.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - From DIY to hands-on assistance - Jinfo delivers impact
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - Closing the gap between strategy and action
Thursday, 5th March 2020
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: