Research update - Think about - and act on - information risk assessment
Thursday, 11th June 2020
Taking time to think and exchange ideas about the challenges of business information is an important way to support your organisation so why not sign up for Jinfo's next Community session and give yourself this valuable time to think.
If I could wave a wand and grant the wishes of every information manager out there, this would be the thing I would most often bestow:
Time to think.
When we designed the resources in the current Focus on Risk Assessment, we aimed for "less is more". We also took into account the fact that everyone absorbs information differently.
From that page you'll find:
- Articles containing practical worksheets to guide you through conducting risk assessments on various parts of your operations
- 30 minute Webinars that walk you through the details of how to complete the worksheets (recordings of previous sessions available)
- Community sessions in which you can exchange ideas with peers and with our analyst on barriers you encounter and solutions to common problems.
Following the recent Community session, Assessing risks of staff and services - What's strategic? What's healthy? participating information managers came away with practical next steps and, in the words of one participant, "... ideas to proudly steal from peers ..." on risks associated with service quality and managing their teams.
None of them had found the time (yet) to complete the worksheets. But the session offered that most valuable of commodities: time to think. And that was enough to move them forward.
Sound appealing? Register for the next Community session, scheduled for 18th June (available through your Jinfo Subscription):
We are operating through a strange period of time.
Taking the time to think, and to exchange ideas about our unique niche of the business world with others who understand the specific challenges of business information, might be the most important thing you do to support your organisation, now and into the future.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - Think about - and act on - information risk assessment
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - What happens if...? Take action on risk assessment
Thursday, 28th May 2020
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: