Research update - contracts, risks, users... it's all about value
Thursday, 5th November 2020
Jinfo's Consulting Pilot on Value Chain is helping its customers negotiate better and manage risk. Find out how we can also help you with strategy and team goals for the coming year.
I'm excited that we're kicking off Consulting Pilot on Value Chain projects with three customers, each with different goals:
- Regain control in tricky negotiations: One client is using their pilot to analyse value in partnership with internal stakeholders, so that they can regain control of a couple of tricky contract negotiations for information products.
- Align with risk management: A second client is focused on the value chain for risk management, a strategic goal for the business in 2021. They'll use their results to re-balance their services – and internal communications – to deliver top value in the new year.
- Valuable end-user empowerment: A third client's interest is in completing a shift from providing traditional information services to better empowering end users. To do so effectively, they need to analyse the user's own value chain, and then design information access and training around it.
Consider your own pilot project
Our focused pilot gets you started with the fundamentals of value chain analysis to support:
- Developing strategy, workplans and team goals for the coming year
- Aligning with changes in business strategy and goals
- Team engagement and development in a year in which business travel is likely to continue to be minimal.
Contact us about your own "Consulting Pilot on Value Chain" and let 2021 be the year you resolve the challenge of demonstrating value.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - contracts, risks, users... it's all about value
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - counting down 2020, prepping for 2021
Thursday, 22nd October 2020
Latest in this Focus: Scorecards. Use Jinfo's step-by-step methodology to craft scorecards to strengthen negotiations, communicate with stakeholders, compare value of products and manage your portfolio more strategically.
What's your priority?
Use our self-assessment worksheet to determine your pathway towards more strategic portfolio management:
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - solve three problems when you develop scorecards
Thursday, 6th May 2021
- Research update - start with scorecards - adapt and adopt, for far-reaching benefit
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step four - document scores)
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step three - design your scoring system)
Wednesday, 21st April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step two - select components)
Thursday, 15th April 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - designing and documenting scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: