Research update - contracts, risks, users... it's all about value
Thursday, 5th November 2020
Jinfo's Consulting Pilot on Value Chain is helping its customers negotiate better and manage risk. Find out how we can also help you with strategy and team goals for the coming year.
I'm excited that we're kicking off Consulting Pilot on Value Chain projects with three customers, each with different goals:
- Regain control in tricky negotiations: One client is using their pilot to analyse value in partnership with internal stakeholders, so that they can regain control of a couple of tricky contract negotiations for information products.
- Align with risk management: A second client is focused on the value chain for risk management, a strategic goal for the business in 2021. They'll use their results to re-balance their services – and internal communications – to deliver top value in the new year.
- Valuable end-user empowerment: A third client's interest is in completing a shift from providing traditional information services to better empowering end users. To do so effectively, they need to analyse the user's own value chain, and then design information access and training around it.
Consider your own pilot project
Our focused pilot gets you started with the fundamentals of value chain analysis to support:
- Developing strategy, workplans and team goals for the coming year
- Aligning with changes in business strategy and goals
- Team engagement and development in a year in which business travel is likely to continue to be minimal.
Contact us about your own "Consulting Pilot on Value Chain" and let 2021 be the year you resolve the challenge of demonstrating value.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - contracts, risks, users... it's all about value
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - counting down 2020, prepping for 2021
Thursday, 22nd October 2020
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: