Use of and limitations to benchmarking for your information services
16th August 2017
[Research Focus: Benchmark information roles - optimise your structure]
Jinfo is regularly asked for benchmarking on various elements of information service delivery. Our Research Focus, "Benchmarking information services - optimise your structure" provides valuable benchmarks on services, staffing, customer and vendor relations and more.
But there are important limitations to benchmarks, which are critical to understand and communicate to stakeholders. Without a clear understanding of context, benchmarks can actually be misleading and even damaging.
This Jinfo Community session will review the results of Jinfo’s benchmarking project and discuss:
- What are the most important findings to support your internal discussions and developments
- What are the limitations of benchmarks and how to communicate them to stakeholders
- What additional datapoints and topics of study we can approach for future iterations of this project.
If you have a question about this event, or are unsure if you have Community access on your subscription, please contact us.
- Wednesday, 16th August 2017 at 08:00 Pacific / 10:00 Central / 11:00 Eastern / 16:00 (BST) / 17:00 Europe, 60 minutes
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
- Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this Webinar and provide easier registration (recommended)
- Or complete the Registration Enquiry form below and we will check your Subscription and register you for this Webinar
- Purchase a Jinfo Subscription
- If you are considering purchasing a Subscription and would like to request taster access to try out the service, please complete the Registration Enquiry form below.
- Please complete the Registration Enquiry form below and we will check if your organisation has a Jinfo Subscription and contact you to confirm either way
- Community event title: Use of and limitations to benchmarking for your information services
- Link to this page
- View printable version
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021