Research update - start with scorecards - adapt and adopt, for far-reaching benefit
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
By popular demand, Jinfo has introduced to its Focus on Content Portfolio a methodology to design your own scorecards. Use scorecards to support stronger negotiations, better stakeholder communication and improved comparisons across vendors/products.
I'm excited to announce the addition of scorecards to our Focus on Content Portfolio.
Creating scorecards enables you to have:
- Smoother vendor relations and negotiations
- Easier product comparisons
- Clearer communications with internal stakeholders.
Much-requested by Jinfo customers, our methodology gives you activity-based articles, how-to Webinars, and peer group dialogue:
Scorecards are the latest output from our extensive work with information teams on identifying their common pain points, strengths and weaknesses.
For example, we're currently working (separately) with two central banks, both of which have the same pain point in their licensing work: the increasing administrative burdens of managing their portfolios.
With our guidance and feedback, one is turning towards technology support and the other is taking a hard look at operations and workflow optimisation.
To explore the combination of process, tools, and know-how to address your team's pain points, check out our Consulting on Content Portfolio, which includes a free self-assessment worksheet.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - one process, three new tangible benefits
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
- Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
- Research update - what do you want to be known for?
Thursday, 17th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics) (Webinar) Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: