Address the hardest questions in content licensing
Monday, 23rd August 2021
Would you like to know how your peers wrestle with content licensing costs? Find out in Jinfo’s Community sessions.
The growing trend away from seat- or consumption-based pricing and towards a centrally budgeted, "utility" approach is in part due to the growing awareness that every business decision needs to be underpinned by quality information.
For those of us focused on content licensing, the trend is creating challenges in two important ways:
- How should these "utility" costs be allocated across the business?
- What do we use to determine value, if usage data is uncoupled from cost?
These are difficult questions, and the answers will vary depending on your organisation's values and strategy.
Wouldn't you like to know how your peers wrestle with them?
Jinfo's Community sessions in our Focus on Content Portfolio provide this forum. Where else can you find a thoughtful group of professionals who really understand how information pricing, terms and conditions, and strategic supplier relationships make or break the value of your content investments?
Join us at one or more of our autumn sessions – whether you actively participate in the conversation or sit back and mull over what you're hearing, you'll get insights that only other licensing professionals can provide.
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing, 21st September
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals, 7th October
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management, 2nd December.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: