Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
What are your Known Fors, and what would you like them to be? We’re trying to encourage clients to be more ambitious, to give themselves permission to imagine. Consulting on Centre of Excellence can be the first step in charting your own destiny.
Consulting on Centre of Excellence gives us a chance to work directly with information teams as they adapt our tools to their needs and environment.
A current project with an information team in the manufacturing industry has given me a front-row seat for observing the subtle but important difference our process makes in how the team communicates its value to the business.
As is the case with so many Jinfo clients, our primary feedback and coaching has been to encourage them to be far more ambitious in what they aspire to be "Known For":
- A source of "expert advice" instead of "support and enablement"
- A strategic asset in digital R&D and other business processes
- Organisation-focused, instead of information-focused.
During these workshops, there's often an implicit question of, "How is that ever going to happen?" That scepticism is normal – most information teams have struggled for a long time to find a way of communicating their unique value to the business.
But the first step in realising your Known Fors is to give yourself permission to imagine them. In the words of one Jinfo client:
'There is a huge return on investment in this work. ... We call it "charting our own destiny".'
– Director of Information Services, global pharmaceutical company
Start charting your destiny using the five steps outlined in Jinfo's Focus on Centre of Excellence. And, if you need that external perspective to fire up a bigger vision of what you can become, talk to us about consulting.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: