What a difference a year makes….
1st February 2023
2023 is turning out to be a very different prospect to 2022. Many information leaders have seen changes in their reporting lines as well as dealing with economic headwinds. This is a particularly difficult combination, so information leaders need to focus on articulating their value and maintaining a positive mindset.
With the days drawing out and the festive season a distant memory, attention is turning to 2023 in earnest.
Our clients continue to express their concern at the prospect of a difficult year ahead. Many are dealing with the unsettling effects of a reporting-line change and new leadership that is trying to make a good impression.
Effective information leaders will:
- Maintain a positive mindset: call out the things you can do, not the reasons you can’t
- Focus on facts and be realistic
- Stay curious; now is a great time to document how you are supporting organisational objectives.
It is vital to know and articulate the value you can offer to help the business manage costs.
Our forthcoming Community events will help you with these challenges:
- Register for "Building competitive advantage" (9th February 2023). Competitive Intelligence is an increasingly vital discipline in helping organisations build and protect their franchise. Denise Carter will discuss the opportunities for Information Leaders in CI and answer your questions.
- The follow up article to our January Community session "Let's talk talent" is now available. Simon Burton of CB Resourcing provided some invaluable insights into the current state of the market, and top tips on attracting, recruiting and retaining the best talent in a highly competitive market.
- In March we will be talking about outsourcing and offshoring (9th March 2023). We know that some of you are using remote teams, whilst others are waiting for the call! Register now to learn from other leaders about the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities associated with this strategy.
We continue to strive to develop our Community sessions and Content to meet your needs. Tell us what you want to talk about and we will bake it into our 2023 plans.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a Jinfo client, please use this form to schedule a call with me.
- Blog post title: What a difference a year makes….
- Link to this page
- View printable version
Let's talk about managing up
20th April 2023
[New] The Jinfo Subscription is back by popular demand!
"The goalposts keep moving..."
1st March 2023
Corporate belt-tightening continues and we are all being asked to do "more with less". But how practical is it to maintain service levels with diminishing resources? Before the straw breaks the proverbial camel's back, how do information leaders proactively manage stakeholders' expectations and resist the urge to "make do and mend" when budgets are tight?Read on the Blog
- The goalposts keep moving…
1st March 2023
- What a difference a year makes….
1st February 2023
- Happy anniversary Jinfo, née FreePint
4th January 2023
- Community session [May 2023] (Community) 23rd May 2023
- Let’s talk about managing up (Community) 20th April 2023
- Let's talk offshoring strategies (Community) 9th March 2023