My Favourite Tipples from an enterprise content management expert
Wednesday, 11th January 2017
By Deb Hunt
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Deb Hunt, principal of Information Edge and library director at the Mechanics' Institute in San Francisco. She shares favourite resources in areas from the latest business thinking to digital asset management.
As a strategic knowledge professional, my focus is on document, digital asset and enterprise content management as well as strategic planning. My passion to share with colleagues is transferable skills for librarians and information professionals. The following websites make it possible to stay ahead of the curve:
The following websites make it possible to stay ahead of the curve:
- DAM Guru: This is a free global network of over 900 digital asset management (DAM) professionals. It connects DAM experts with those who need their expertise. Looking for a job or consulting work in DAM? Looking to hire a DAM expert? DAM Guru also provides DAM learning resources (webinars, webliography, websites, blogs, and conference). Everything on the site is free.
- The Business Source: This resource keeps me up to date on the latest in business books. I subscribe to the silver plan and get two summaries per month including video, text (web, PDF, Kindle, and additional formats) and audio. The text is approximately 3,500 words, supplemented with very useful video and audio. In less than an hour a month, I can keep up on great reads, learn new leadership skills and if I'm really intrigued, find and read the entire book. There are gold, platinum and enterprise plans as well.
- Gurteen Knowledge Letter: Although it can be a little overwhelming, David Gurteen has amassed an extensive knowledge base on knowledge management and knowledge sharing (KMKS) on his main site. I find that his monthly Knowledge Letter provides a narrower, quick overview of what's happening in the KMKS world and is a fast read. If you want more in-depth knowledge, see the next resource.
- SMRShare: From the father of knowledge services, Guy St. Clair, this is the gold standard for KMKS content that is timeless and an invaluable resource for both novice and experienced KMKS professionals. Topics range from change management to building the knowledge culture to everything in between and the content offers both theoretical underpinnings as well as actionable strategies.
An article in Jinfo which I found particularly interesting:
- "Librarians and data scientists - rivals, replacements or reciprocal relationship?" In my opinion, Amy Affelt is the perfect person to write this article. Her MLIS degree coupled with her experience and expertise in big data demonstrate the transferable skills information specialists/librarians can grow to become more invaluable to their organisations. She provides concrete strategies for librarians to become "Algorithm Accountability Reviewers".
Contribute Your "My Favourite Tipples"
- Blog post title: My Favourite Tipples from an enterprise content management expert
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Librarians and data scientists - rivals, replacements, or reciprocal relationship?
Tuesday, 15th November 2016
- My Favourite Tipples from a pharma information centre manager
Wednesday, 14th December 2016
- My Favourite Tipples from a business analytics professional
Wednesday, 30th November 2016
- My Favourite Tipples from a Twitter research expert
Thursday, 17th November 2016
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: