Supercharge your strategy; focus on value
Tuesday, 18th June 2019
Find out how Jinfo workshops can help you find the time to invest in strategy and service development.
"I wish I had time to invest in strategy and high-value work. But I can't even make the time to figure out how to make the time."
If any part of this sounds familiar to you, you are not alone. Creating the balance between strategy and operations is an ongoing challenge, and most of us feel like we're facing it blindfolded with one hand tied behind our backs.
Three of the most important things Jinfo has learnt from the teams that successfully focus on information strategy and make a practice of optimising team operations are these:
- The work is hard, but even harder is establishing the framework for it and creating accountability for doing it. (Check out this blog item for tips on framework and accountability.)
- Don't jump to "what can we cut?" Try SOAPS: Streamline, Outsource, Automate, Push back, Stop doing. (Further explanation here.)
- You make time for high-value work through optimising all transactional work. Tricky, challenging, ongoing... but do-able. (This blog item explains further.)
You don't have time... so do it now.
If you wait for the perfect time to make time... well, you know what's likely to happen. Start with strategy, start with optimisation, but START.
Jinfo can help:
- Our Consulting Workshop, "Future-proof your information service", condenses the work of strategic planning and enables you to create a practical workplan in as little as six weeks.
- Our Consulting Workshop, "Do better with less: workflow optimisation," teaches your team the basics of workflow optimisation including the application of SOAPS, to reduce the burden of transactional tasks on your team's capacity, whilst maintaining or even improving outcomes.
- Create even more accountability by purchasing both workshops for a package deal. We promise you'll be in a very different place within 6 months if you do.
- Join other professionals working on the same issues in our unique Community sessions - Jinfo for information strategy and Jinfo for optimising your information service - click those links for information about the next of these quarterly offerings, open to customers with a Jinfo Subscription.
But the fastest way to determine how to give you the most value for money in articulating or sharpening your strategy and/or implementing optimisation processes is to talk with me. Tell me what's most important to you, and together we can design the package to help you leap the everyday hurdles that make strategy and optimisation so challenging.
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: