Research update - invest in your 2020 vision
Thursday, 19th December 2019
Jinfo's final newsletter of 2019 offers you some key pointers on how to get 2020 off to a flying start.
A new decade is around the corner. Whether you are taking a few days, a few weeks, or a few hours off during the holiday period, make sure you have your tools and resources lined up and ready to go for when you get back to work in 2020:
Update your strategy and operations with Jinfo models
Jinfo models are like having a consultant in PDF. Through our research, we identify critical topics, then create worksheets, diagrams and step-by-step guidance to enable you to ask the required questions to address a need in your department or organisation. Here are two of our latest - download them now to start work in January:
- Jinfo model - managing your portfolio as part of your strategy
- Jinfo model - mapping your service to the Centre of Excellence model.
Or check out the full list of published models here for the ones that meet your needs.
Yes, I know - none of us have enough time to invest in planning and strategy. Make time by adding Jinfo webinars or Community sessions to your January - March calendar today. Each is only 60 minutes long and is designed specifically to give you just enough information to work with, without overwhelming you with new ideas.
For a great kick-off to the year, join the "State of the industry, 2020" webinar on 14th January, and the Community session on the same topic on 21st January. Listen to the presentation in the webinar, and/or join the live discussion in the Community session.
Consider Jinfo Consulting workshops
You'll get back from your break refreshed and ready for new ideas. Jinfo Consulting workshops are a way to bring in and tailor our expertise to what you need - strategy, portfolio management, communications skills, workflow optimisation and more.
Check out our latest offerings here, including our newest workshop, "Construct your roadmap to an Information Centre of Excellence".
Use it or lose it
If you're at year-end and need to use that last bit of budget, now is the time:
- Purchase a Jinfo Subscription for access to our Content and Community
- Pre-book Consulting work, including workshops, for use at any time during the coming year.
Our head of commercial development, Claire Laybats, can help you find the right value for money, so contact her today.
I still can't get my head around saying 'January 2020'. But that's when we'll greet you next. In the meantime, have a safe and enjoyable holiday season.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - invest in your 2020 vision
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - Intelligence is dynamic - your systems need to be, too
Thursday, 5th December 2019
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - one process, three new tangible benefits
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
- Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
- Research update - what do you want to be known for?
Thursday, 17th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics) (Webinar) Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: