Product Review of Factiva (Technology - Search and User Interface)
9th December 2014
By Andrew Grave
In the third part of this product review Andrew Grave takes a close look at news aggregator Factiva's functionality. His extensive review includes the new search tool Query Genius and the various news pages which can be tailored to display content according to each user's needs. In addition, he assesses the alert and search functions including whether the newly developed Expert Search will be a good tool for PR and compliance departments.
Note: Full review (PDF) at /go/sub/report/2422
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Product Review of Factiva (Technology - Search and User Interface)
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product Review of Factiva (Value - Competitors, Development & Pricing)
Tuesday, 16th December 2014
- Product Review of Factiva (Technology - Outputs, Analytics, Alerts, Help)
Friday, 12th December 2014
- Product Review of Factiva (Sources - Content & Coverage)
Friday, 5th December 2014
- Product Review of Factiva (Introduction; Contact Details)
Tuesday, 2nd December 2014
- FreePint News Survey Analysis 2014 Part 1 - Premium News Content and Preferences
Wednesday, 26th November 2014
- Sell Side of News Part 1 - Today's Competitive Landscape
Tuesday, 18th November 2014
- Q&A with Dow Jones - Part 1: What to Expect from Factiva
Wednesday, 21st May 2014
- Lex Fenwick Leaves Dow Jones; What's Next on the Factiva Rollercoaster?
Wednesday, 22nd January 2014
- Product Review of Factiva
Wednesday, 17th December 2014
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021