Balancing end-user and expert services, to build a Centre of Excellence
16th May 2019
[Research Focus: Creating an Information Centre of Excellence]
The Jinfo model of an Information Centre of Excellence calls for information teams to balance two needs: enabling end-users and delivering expert information services.
In this Community session we'll share our research and facilitate discussion on building a strategy that speaks to both of these needs, and keeps them in balance with the goals and character of the organisation.
This is a great opportunity to discuss Jinfo's unique Centre of Excellence model with facilitator Rebecca Brizi, who can provide real-world examples to work through how to balance these two goals, including the skills, services, tools and partnerships you need for each.
- Thursday, 16th May 2019 at 08:00 Pacific / 10:00 Central / 11:00 Eastern / 16:00 (BST) / 17:00 Europe, 60 minutes.
Slide presentation and notes
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for customers with a Jinfo Subscription.
If you have a Jinfo Subscription, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
- Community event title: Balancing end-user and expert services, to build a Centre of Excellence
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Community deck - balancing end-user and expert services, to build a Centre of Excellence
Wednesday, 22nd May 2019
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021