Research update - design your strongest future as a Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 3rd June 2021
Find out how Jinfo's Focus on Centre of Excellence can help your information team thrive and consider signing up for our upcoming Community sessions, where you can share ideas with your peers on your progress and challenges.
Are you ready to develop a more resilient future? Jinfo's Focus on Centre of Excellence will get you there.
Get an overview of our proven approach on the Jinfo Blog, with The Information Centre of Excellence - a flexible model of value, resilience and strategy. It describes the three things the most successful teams, regardless of size, scope or structure, need to balance:
- Information strategy
- Expert information services
- Enabled end-users.
Then start to work through Jinfo's most successful activities to find your own unique balance. The first two of the five activities are now available to those with a Jinfo Subscription from the Focus page:
- Step one - map your services to the model
- Step two - create your Pillars of Service.
And coming soon are steps on envisioning your Known Fors, assessing your team for the right characteristics and developing your work plan.
Each step includes both an activity-based article and a recording of a Webinar walking through how to complete the activity.
To get even more support, register to join the two upcoming Community sessions, where you can share ideas with your peers on your progress and challenges with the Centre of Excellence concept:
- Examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors (15th June)
- Make progress on your evolution, with your peers (13th July).
Just today I was working with members of an information team to develop their vision as a Centre of Excellence.
Near the end of the workshop, the team leader said:
"I have to thank you. You've really gotten us out of our usual patterns of thinking. We can see we need more details from users and more information about [our business], but our special value is getting clearer all the time."
Start creating your own vision as a Centre of Excellence today.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"Jinfo's Pillars of Service and Known Fors activities feed our overall mission and vision. Everything we do has to align with these, and if it doesn't, we ask the question, 'Why are we doing this?' We can communicate more effectively what we do and move away from the transactional view. Let me stress... there is a huge return on this work. It allows us to chart our own destiny." Director of Information Services, pharmaceutical industry
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: