Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
New additions to Jinfo's team of senior analysts bring decades of real-world experience into the next iteration of our Focus on Value Chain. Together we can help you crack the code of ROI, through Consulting on Value Chain tailored to your goals, timeline and budget.
As Director of Research, I have the privilege of a bird's-eye view gained through working with all types of information teams across a range of industries.
Our Focus on Value Chain is one result of that privilege – a breakthrough approach for tying information products, services and expertise to quantifiable business outcomes.
From my position "in the lab," I can think laterally about solutions without worrying about real-world variables like personalities, corporate politics, or budget constraints.
But it only matters if it works in the real world, not just in the lab.
In August, we took our development a step further, by running internal workshops on the process of Value Chain analysis, customer experiences and results, for Jinfo's senior analysts:
- Stephen Phillips, with 35 years' experience, including most recently as the Head of Business Information Management at a global investment bank
- Susan Gleckner, with 30 years' experience, including most recently as Associate Director responsible for information research strategy and operations for R&D in the consumer division of a global pharmaceutical company.
Whilst I was working out models and theories in the lab, they were actually on the ground, doing the job. Now as a team, our knowledge – both theoretical and practical – represents an incredible resource for Jinfo clients seeking to crack the code of ROI.
It's exciting to share the Focus on Value Chain and the analysis it enables our clients to do with these talented colleagues. The resulting discussions sharpen all of our thinking and make us even more equipped to adapt our methods for your needs.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: