Research update - Information teams in times of uncertainty
Thursday, 9th April 2020
Whether or not you're new to remote working, Jinfo has a wide range of resources, Webinars and Community sessions available to optimise you and your team and ensure you are managing your operational risk.
Whether your team is already well-adapted to working remotely or this is all brand new for you, there's no doubt that these are challenging times for you and your organisation.
Every business is deeply affected. Even Jinfo, where remote working has been the norm forever, is working hard to adapt and continue to serve customers through this time.
We've launched our Focus on Remote Teams, now running through June, to bring you the following:
- Curated Jinfo resources on optimising remote information teams:
We have a deep archive of research-based resources relevant to improving remote work for information teams. All resources are collected here, and new ones are being added throughout the focus period.
- Targeted tips in Jinfo Webinars:
Don't have time to read? You're not alone. Three Jinfo Webinars added for April walk you through the elements of remote team success, effective communications and critical operations.
- Peer group support in Community sessions:
We all need the support of colleagues at this time. Upcoming Community sessions provide you with a forum to brainstorm, share best practice and relieve the tension with other information managers who get it.
All resources are included in a Jinfo Subscription.
Risk management when working remotely
In the past two weeks, I've spent many hours on the phone with customers to find out how they are coping with the current situation. Many have made the immediate transition relatively smoothly.
Few, however, have taken action to assess the risk of their department operations in the event that a member of the team is unavailable for two weeks or more.
Now is the time to conduct a risk assessment of essential functions that must run continuously.
As a starting point, consider:
- If a member of your team were unavailable, could you easily see what s/he was working on?
- Are all needed resources accessible in a shared environment?
- Are bits and pieces siloed on a hard drive or email inbox?
Need help with assessing and managing your operational risk? Contact us, and start the conversation.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - Information teams in times of uncertainty
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - From DIY to hands-on assistance - Jinfo delivers impact
Thursday, 26th March 2020
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: