Research update - Stop and assess your risks - practical resources for information risk
Thursday, 14th May 2020
In these challenging times where information is more visible than ever, the need to assess your risk becomes ever more pressing. Jinfo can provide you with the practical tools and guidance to help you manage these information-related risks.
We are living and working through interesting times in which information has never been more visible or valuable.
And, at the same time, everything is at risk.
Jinfo's resources to help you assess - and then address - information-related risks provide you with the practical tools and guidance to reduce what could be daunting work into manageable pieces.
Start assessing your risk
Jinfo has made it easy to get started assessing your risks. We have produced a number of materials to break down what could be daunting into manageable pieces.
For each topic, you'll find an article with a practical worksheet. We then also have a short Webinar, in which an analyst walks through the worksheet and provides a forum for you to ask questions:
- Information service quality - Article and Webinar (19th May)
- Information team management - Article and Webinar (20th May)
- Information licensing [coming soon]
- Information value [coming soon].
If you can't make the Webinar sessions live, they are recorded for future reference.
Assessing your risks is not a cookie-cutter process, however. You need to balance urgent needs with long-term value and strategy.
Our Community session, "Assessing risks of staff and services - What's strategic? What's healthy?" (26th May) provides a confidential, peer-group forum in which you can explore these bigger questions, to take a longer-term view on assessing and then managing risks.
Save time and gain perspective - Jinfo Consulting
It can be hard to make time for assessment, as well as to get perspective on your own environment.
Jinfo Consulting's assessment offering tailor's our research-based industry-wide experience on the risks, opportunities and unique challenges of information teams to your world.
These are unpredictable times. A clear-eyed assessment of where you stand goes a long way towards giving you greater confidence, not to mention stability and sustainability. Let us know how we can help.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - Stop and assess your risks - practical resources for information risk
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - Name that risk... and do something about it
Thursday, 30th April 2020
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: