Research update - transform your toughest contract renewal
Thursday, 8th October 2020
At the end of a challenging year, rely on Jinfo's support by signing up for one of our Community sessions for peer input and advice, along with our research for applying value chain concepts to your licensing conversations.
"Here's my pain point: I have a renewal coming up with [...name removed], and my stakeholders are pressing me hard on value. Can value chain analysis help?"
With those two sentences, this Jinfo customer identified an urgent application of value chain analysis, which is:
- Tied to a key funding decision
- Manageable in a relatively short time-frame
- Both tactical (this contract, now) and strategic (this approach, long-term).
Bracing for renewal season
Although it's not true of everyone, a majority of our clients experience a frantic year-end effort to assemble quotes, gather feedback, negotiate, run proposals through legal and finance, and get it all done before the clock strikes midnight on 31st December.
If this is you, you're not alone. Jinfo has three Community sessions scheduled to help you tap the wisdom of your peers to get through this time:
- "Using the value chain to strengthen your negotiating position" - A hands-on working session on applying value chain concepts to your licensing conversations. 20th October.
- "Your changing needs for product evaluation" - No one should be approaching product evaluations the same way they did five years ago, including Jinfo. Join us to discuss current best practice, and have your say in Jinfo's 2021 roadmap for product evaluation. 5th November.
- "Negotiation clinic" - By popular demand, a peer-group masterclass on content licensing negotiations. 8th December.
Community sessions are included in your Jinfo Subscription.
2020 has been a challenging year. As we roll into its final months, we're here to give you the support you need to arrive safely – and sanely – in 2021.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - transform your toughest contract renewal
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - "What's the value?" Show the ROI
Thursday, 24th September 2020
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: