Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
Build your "dream team" for strategic content portfolio management – join this month's contract negotiation clinic and benefit from the ideas of your peers and Jinfo's wide-ranging practical insights, and consider using Jinfo to upskill your team.
How would you assemble your "dream team" for strategic content portfolio management?
Alongside your colleagues, and regardless of your priorities (see our self-assessment worksheet), your team should also consist of external members, both formal and informal.
If you cultivate an external "dream team" you will get:
- Fresh ideas and input for different ways of looking at a problem
- A sounding board for vendor relationship management and stakeholder engagement
- Direction of what "best practice" might mean in your organisation.
We can be both a facilitator for, and part of, your team:
Jinfo Community - industry dream team
Participants in the recent Community session on "Usage data in contract negotiations" formed an industry-wide dream team, and came away with new ideas and insights into planning, managing and negotiating contracts for third-party information. See the anonymised report of our robust discussion.
Jinfo Consulting - upskill and strengthen
We recently created a series of tailored workshops on best practices, supplier relationship management, and developing scorecards for one of our consulting customers.
Through these workshops, this particular team achieved these goals:
- Level-setting skills across the team
- Establishing shared frameworks for portfolio and relationship management
- Comparing their practices to industry standards and trends.
We can do the same for your internal team, if you contact us about Consulting on Content Portfolio.
Let us help you imagine, build and cultivate your dream team. If you're responsible for content licensing, make Jinfo part of your team.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - design your strongest future as a Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 3rd June 2021
- The Information Centre of Excellence – a flexible model of value, resilience and strategy
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Research update - one step at a time towards developing scorecards
Thursday, 20th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model)
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers (Community) Tuesday, 13th July 2021
- Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors (Community) Tuesday, 15th June 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model) (Webinar) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: