Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
Tie the value of your content portfolio to commercial impact. Jinfo clients achieve this goal through our metrics-based methodology. The result? A metrics-backed perspective to strengthen negotiating positions and improve stakeholder engagement.
Effective value-based portfolio management requires you to have in-depth knowledge of your internal clients' processes.
Two examples from recent Consulting on Content Portfolio workshops with Jinfo clients highlight the practical application of this knowledge:
- Manufacturing: Analysis of what contributes to "efficient innovation" enables the information team to link specific information products with shorter development cycles and faster, more creative identification of "white space"
- Pharmaceuticals: Deconstruction of how the information team shortened the process of narrowing 500 research targets to 100 made visible (and measurable) the commercial contributions of both expertise and products.
Both clients now can approach their vendor negotiations from a value-based perspective, supported by their own metrics.
As an added benefit, they have made positive shifts in their relationships with internal stakeholders. By speaking the language of their clients and learning their world from the inside out, these teams reinforce their bona fides as trusted advisers essential to digitised R&D.
You can hear more directly from peers having these breakthroughs and successes by joining our upcoming Community sessions in the Focus on Content Portfolio:
- "Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing", 21st September 2021
- "Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals", 7th October 2021
- "Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management", 2nd December 2021
Talk with us about Consulting on Content Portfolio to explore what your own transformation can look like.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: