Stirring the Cookie Mix: Google and Data Protection
22nd November 2013
With the European Parliament recently passing a vote on the future of privacy and data protection rules in Europe, this article examines some of the shortcomings of the proposed rules such as their ability to be bypassed by national security and the various transatlantic agreements between the UK and US. It also looks at the implications of Google’s latest data protection concessions in the form of its new data processing agreement for European users of Analytics and speculation over its anonymous online identifier system called AdID.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Stirring the Cookie Mix: Google and Data Protection
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Cookies Headed for Waste Bin as Europe Gets Tougher on Privacy?
Thursday, 21st November 2013
- Is Our Private Data Due to Become More Open?
Monday, 7th October 2013
- Good Guy, Bad Guy - Privacy Spells Opportunity
Wednesday, 5th June 2013
- Privacy - it's Complicated
Thursday, 21st February 2013
- Cookies law already crumbling
Wednesday, 27th June 2012
- Cookies - who will be the first to be clobbered?
Wednesday, 30th May 2012
- Less than 40 days for compliant cookies
Wednesday, 25th April 2012
- Privacy - you play by our rules
Monday, 30th January 2012
- Privacy - lawmakers set to get even tougher
Wednesday, 18th May 2011
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Research update - bridging the gap between buyers and suppliers
Thursday, 25th March 2021
- Research update - our Community is your community, especially if you license content
Thursday, 11th March 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021