Jinfo for Legal
Tuesday, 15th March 2016
Collaboration between information professionals and information technology experts has long been lacking. As use of online and mobile sources becomes more prevalent in the legal sector, together with demands of the digital workplace, there is an ever-greater demand for IS and IT experts to work together a long-term basis. We highlight recent Jinfo content which helps tackle these challenges.
In last quarter's update, I briefly touched on the January-March 2016 Jinfo Research Focus, "Strategic Alignment of IS and IT".
One of the major challenges information managers face is issues with IT. This Focus takes an in-depth look at how information services and IT departments can form an alignment between one another.
By putting their differences aside and forming an alliance, both departments can achieve strategic goals and open up opportunities. For example, in Kate Lomax's article "Impact of Mobile Working on the Digital Workplace", she explains how having a digital workplace and owning devices can lead to improvement in work expectations and increase employee productivity - and how working with IT is essential to achieving that goal.
Recent Content of particular interest to our customers in the legal sector:
Articles & Blog Items
- A More Structured Way of Working with IT
- Digital Workplace - Providing a New Impetus for Working With IT
- Who's Leading in the Field of Legal Mobile Apps?
- Mini Review of Bloomberg Law App
- When Do Information Services Projects Belong on the IT Side?
- The Role of Research in Realigning Your Relationship with IT
- All The Ways We Can Misunderstand IT Colleagues
- Forging Strong Bonds Between Information Services and IT
- Working with People Who Think Fundamentally Differently to You
- How Do You Ensure the Best Possible Relationships With Your IT Department?
- Make It Easy for IT Colleagues to Work With You
- Product Review of PatSeer Premier
- Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk
- Product Review of Questel ORBIT IP
- Product Review of Thomson Innovation
- Model - Understanding IT Characteristics
Webinars - recordings available to view for anyone with a Jinfo Subscription
- Shifting the Worldview around IS/IT Relationships: A First Step to Alignment
- Successful Relationships Between IS and IT: Tip from the Pros
View the full webinar listings.
Our Content is the broad platform through which we publish research-based insights. Community provides the environment to discuss them with peers. Consulting tailors the insight to your needs. Find the right Jinfo Subscription level to meet your needs.
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: