Align your strategy as a Centre of Excellence - Jinfo for information strategy
Tuesday, 4th February 2020
If you're responsible for information strategy, the current Research Focus on the Information Centre of Excellence was tailor-made for you. Make it your own, to sharpen strategy, communicate with leadership, develop your team, and future-proof your service.
Jinfo defines "information strategy" as the thinking, planning, implementation and measurement an organisation has as it:
- Maximises the opportunities and value of information
- Minimises the risks associated with information.
We think this is the best and most valuable application of information expertise in any organisation, and we strive to help you lead, influence and shape that strategy.
Our latest Research Focus, "The Information Centre of Excellence - commercial, consultative, collaborative", is a comprehensive and practical guide and resource to do exactly that.
At your fingertips in your Jinfo Subscription:
The big picture of strategy: Know the industry context, what your leadership needs to know and how to sharpen your vision on the future of information in your business.
- Article: Four things business leaders need to understand about information risk - print this one to share with your boss and your boss's boss - you'll open their eyes to risks that your expertise protects against
- Report: Alignment with the Information Centre of Excellence model - evaluate your department against the components of the model, compare yourself with the findings from our research, and design your way forward
- Article: The importance of communicating strategy to your team - your people are one of the most important variables in the success of strategy
- Webinar: State of the industry 2020 (recording) - overview on Jinfo's take on what you need to think about this year
Practical analysis of "commercial awareness": You know it's needed, but what does it mean and how do you cultivate it within your team?
- Article: Commercial awareness - the toughest characteristic - understand what it is, why it matters, and how information teams develop it
- Webinar Commercial awareness for information professionals - hear directly from analysts on the whys and the hows
- Community session: Commercial awareness for information professionals - discuss the topic with your peers.
Making strategy operational: Close the gap between vision and reality, by applying strategy to the details of operations.
- Report: Improving success through project piloting - apply greater rigour to even small projects
- Webinar: Content portfolio as part of strategy - stop counting things and start measuring impact
- Webinar: Maturity models for remote teams - get the best out of your team through tight operations, regardless of where everyone is located (hint: this works for local teams as well!)
- Article: Continuous improvement - what it is and how do you measure it? - get behind the buzzword with this practical article
It's a treasure-trove of materials. Set a goal of reviewing two items per week to make it manageable. Or plan your use of Jinfo around our Webinar and Community session schedule - an hour or two per month keeps you on your A-game.
Bring Jinfo in-house with Consulting Workshops
For direct assistance from a senior analyst, consider the Jinfo Consulting Workshop, "Future-proof your information service". In three online workshop sessions, we'll work directly with you on a series of discussions and exercises. You'll emerge with a fresh, practical strategy - or an enhanced version of your existing one.
Request information by completing the form on this page.
And join us for the next Community session, "Jinfo for information strategy", coming in March.
- Blog post title: Align your strategy as a Centre of Excellence - Jinfo for information strategy
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Overcoming the inertia... of motion - Jinfo for information strategy
Tuesday, 5th November 2019
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: