Topic Series: What You Need to Know Your Customer (Jul-Sep 2014)
- Find out more about the Topic Series: What You Need to Know Your Customer (KYC)
Filter the list below:
FreePint Report: Know Your Customer Published
Monday, 3rd November 2014
The FreePint Report: Know Your Customer has been published, which marks the end of our recent Topic Series on risk and compliance. Product reviews, Q&As, articles & analysis on subjects from the impact of regulatory change to key vendors in the regulatory space are included in the report.
Can You Outsource KYC?
"Know Your Customer" is a difficult area for businesses to outsource. Whilst you can outsource the steps, tasks and management of due diligence to a third party, you can't outsource the legal and regulatory responsibility.
Regulatory compliance is about eliminating or reducing risk in the...
Multiple, starting 28th October - 30th October 2014
FreePint Report: Know Your Customer
This collection of FreePint articles on the topic of risk and compliance covers those included in the FreePint Topic Series: What You Need to Know Your Customer (KYC). The articles tackle topics from the changing compliance culture to free resources for managing risk and keeping compliant. A...
Thursday, 23rd October 2014
Concluding the FreePint Topic Series - What You Need to Know Your Customer (KYC)
Wednesday, 1st October 2014
Andrew Lucas wraps up the FreePint Topic Series: What You Need to Know Your Customer (KYC) by looking back at some the topics and themes in risk and compliance that have emerged from the series that he and Chris Porter have co-produced over the last three months.
Vendor Market Overview - Know Your Customer
Tuesday, 23rd September 2014
FreePint presents an overview of some key vendors in the Know Your Customer (KYC) space. The table identifies key vendor products, briefly describes their key features, notes the geographic scope, singles out any special features of each service and notes what kinds of regulation it addresses, such as KYC, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT).
Product Update of Compliance Catalyst
Thursday, 18th September 2014
Chris Porter catches up with some of the latest developments in the Compliance Catalyst service from Bureau van Dijk (BvD) and highlights key changes since FreePint's full review in August 2013. Compliance Catalyst is a workflow application that helps organisations to take an informed, risk-based decision on whether to accept a potential new customer, supplier or other business partner. BvD has made numerous enhancements to the content and functionality of the service, driven by customer feedback.
Managing Risk and Keeping Compliant - Free Resources for Info Hounds
Tuesday, 9th September 2014
Subscriptions to the risk & compliance databases offered by the "big three" are unaffordable for small organisations or self-employed researchers. Penny Crossland highlights some free resources from a variety of organisations and online sites.
Corruption, Crime and Compliance
Thursday, 4th September 2014
Andrew Lucas highlights some of the latest articles in the FreePint Topic Series: What You Need to Know Your Customer (KYC). With the risk of prison for due diligence and KYC failures, we look at how information professionals can help mitigate the risks as well exploring the due diligence process. We also identify some of the best free online resources that you can use for undertaking KYC due diligence.
Why Compliant Bosses Need Info Pros - Some Cautionary Compliance Tales
Tuesday, 26th August 2014
As the FreePint Topic Series: What You Need to Know Your Customer (KYC) continues, Tim Buckley Owen notes that there are special insights that information professionals can bring to this and other regulatory compliance challenges. Whether it's the Safe Harbor agreement, adverts for financial services generated automatically by search engine results, financial promotions in social media or regulatory authorities' encouragement of financial technology developments like Bitcoins, info pros should be able to offer a uniquely well informed perspective. And that's before you even consider ways of keeping the boss out of jail for not doing their due diligence properly...
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021